Monday, August 17, 2009

Wow What a Storm

Well I guess Mother Nature decided that we weren't finished with the wet weather. Over the last couple of days we have received a little over 3.75" of rainfall. Needless to say course conditions are extremely wet and soggy. As I am sitting here typing we are in the midst of another strong thunderstorm that is forecasted to drop at least another 1.5" to 2" of rain. We have a busy week this week with the Missouri Four-Ball Championship suppose to take place on Tuesday and Wednesday. My crew was able to get our this morning and mow greens, change cups, and start removing the silt out of the bunkers. Unfortunately with this latest storm we might be redoing some of the bunkers that we already completed. It is always a tough call on my part when to let the bunkers sit and wait and when to go out and take a chance and try to get them cleaned up. With the tournaments this week and all I felt like I didn't have a choice and needed to get all I could done when I could. Unfortunately I might have made a bad call this time. I hope to post some photos of the storm damage later today when it stops raining to where I can get my camera out. Hope you all had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment