Monday, February 15, 2010

Back From Sunny San Diego

I was fortunate to spend the last 12 days in sunny California. Four days in Palm Springs and six days in San Diego at the annual GCSAA Golf Industry Show. My golf game in Palm Springs had a little bit to be desired, but I had a great time meeting some new superintendents from around the world. In San Diego I took part in some educational seminars and was able to walk the trade show and see the latest and greatest that our vendors had to offer. This is such a great and rewarding time for us superintendents as it is a way to learn from some of the best education seminars in the world, networking opportunities that are unmatched in any industry, and be able to stay up on all the latest trends in golf course management. My staff has been rather slow as the weather has continued to be snowy and cold. We have continued to work on some painting and cleaning around the shop. We will continue to work on repainting our utility carts and re-staining our bird houses. I have started to make preparations for the planting of our new tree on #6. Hopefully as soon as the weather cooperates and the ground conditions are either dry or frozen we can proceed. I hope everyone had a great week. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment