Monday, December 21, 2009

Two Cups on Greens

I have been getting several questions about the greens having multiple cups cut in them. I go to this practice this time of year due to the ground freezing and continual play. If I was to leave a single cup on the greens the areas around the cups would get worn out and start to show signs of stress. By putting two cups in the golfers can rotate the flag between the two cups helping to spread out foot traffic and wear and tear. The greens that we have yet to change are showing this now as we have been having some nicer days allowing there to be some golf played. We are in the process of trying to get two cups in every green. However we have been having a hard time doing this as the ground ended up freezing earlier then I anticipated and has delayed this process. I hope to try and have them all done by the end of this week. We also have been working on the drain complex on #8 fairway. I hope to have this completed by mid-week. This should help us out tremendously in being able to control the moisture and water run off in this area. I hope everyone had a great weekend. It is going to be a short work week this week with the Christmas holiday. I hope everyone has a very safe and Merry Christmas. If you are traveling make sure and check the weather status before you go. It looks like we are going to have a pretty significant winter storm front coming in over the next couple of days causing some major travel headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment